AYSO National Referee Administrator Tom Bobadilla will instruct at Golden Gate Camp 2011
Registration and other camp information is here: http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/default.aspx?EventID=950612
NEW COURSE ADDITION JUST IN TIME FOR GOLDEN GATE CAMP
We are excited to announce that Tom Bobadilla will be joining us again this year!
As the National Organization continues to offer educational opportunities for all of us, as “Volunteers”, we at Golden Gate Camp are among the first to receive the:
NEW Session for Current Certified Instructors
This session for current instructors from all disciplines offers an opportunity to re-energize, learn additional skills, build up confidence through teamwork & support while sharing with fellow instructors.
Since Tom joined AYSO, it has been his desire to share his knowledge and experience with our volunteers in fun and practical sessions.
Tom brings with him a Masters in Business Education, 20+ years experience in conducting training for instructors and management leaders, for the United States Soccer Federation and former employers.
Please join us for this session which is intended to be a fun, value-added experience for instructors across all disciplines.
This is important news for all volunteers. It is especially important news for Referee Instructors and other Instructors.
The new unified AYSO Safe Haven program officially rolled out July 1, 2011.
A few quick ‘must knows’ here at the top of the message, followed by other great stuff:
– There is only one Safe Haven curriculum. It applies to all disciplines (referee and coach, in particular).
– To be a/the lead instructor for the new Safe Haven course, you first have to become certified to do so. If you are/were certified to teach the ‘old’ course, you (just) need to complete taking the new course as a student in order to update your instructor certification. Clear?
– AYSO offers fabulous opportunities to take the course (for credit) as a Webinar in July. Your webinar course leaders are Karen Mihara, our AYSO National Safe Haven Administrator, and Tom Bobadilla, our AYSO National Referee Administrator. Schedule and other information is available on our AYSO National website here: http://www.ayso.org/training/webinars/ayso_safe_haven.aspx
Tom is teaching in Spanish, Karen in English.
– AYSO “press release” is here
– Our Section 2 Director of Referee Instruction, Holly Bromley, can assist you with any questions/issues about this program. You can reach her at (jhbholly at aol dot com) The transition period between courses is (just) this month of July. Some of you may already have courses scheduled for this month and want/need to use the ‘old’ curriculum. Holly can advise…
– (New) lesson plan is available at http://www.ayso.org/instructors/aysos_safe_haven.aspx
– The (new) Safe Haven training is available online at http://www.aysotraining.org/aysosafehaven.html
– Safe Haven certifications under the old curriculum remain valid. Note that a volunteer with -only- Referee Save Haven certification is not Safe Haven certified as a coach. Take the current course to ‘upgrade’ to coach.
– The last nugget in this message is: Be advised that Safe Haven training/certification is required for all referee volunteers. Yes, this includes youth referee volunteers. It is worth repeating:
All youth referee volunteers are required to be Safe Haven trained and certified.
– If you have read this far, you are indeed a dedicated volunteer. Thank you!
4 July 2011
(sra (at) section2 dot org)
The FIFA Laws of the Game 2011/2012 publication is now available to everyone, from the FIFA website.
USSF has published a Memorandum on the Law Changes for 2011/2012. If you can’t find it easily by a web search for “USSF 2011 Memorandum of Law Changes”, let me know.
AYSO will soon (!) catch up with an AYSO/FIFA Laws of the Game publication for 2011/2012. In the meantime, you know the drill.